Become QCTO Accredited Skills Provider in South Africa
About the ETQA’s process to become QCTO Accredited Skills Provider:
Skills Providers (Training Providers) in South Africa must apply for QCTO (before SETA) Accreditation.
Skills Providers, previously Training Providers has to offer part qualifications/or full qualifications. They also have to be registered with the DHET (since 1 July 2017)
Requirements to become a QCTO Accredited Skills Provider:
The document Criteria and Guidelines to become a QCTO Accredited Skills Provider sets out the requirements for accreditation.
- The programmes (and/or assessments) offered by the education and training provider must culminate part occupation qualifications or full occupation qualifications.
- The curriculum (design, content and learning materials) is aligned to the occupation part or full qualifications.
- There are suitably qualified staff (facilitators and registered assessors).
- The learners have access to adequate learning support services.
- The internal assessment methods and tools used to measure the requirements for the unit standard and/or qualification are fair, valid and reliable, and are used to enhance learning.
The main steps in the accreditation process to become a QCTO Accredited Skills Provider:
- The Skills Provider determines primary focus.
- The QCTO Quality Assurance Management Division requirements are compiled by the provider.
- The Skills Provider completes and submits an online application form for accreditation.
- A compliance check is conducted by QCTO and the provider receives a notification of compliance / non-compliance.
- The Skills Provider responds to the notification if necessary.
- A site visit is scheduled and conducted by a QCTOs evaluator.
- The evaluator sends his/her report to QCTO.
- The evaluation report is quality assured and the report indicating the status of accreditation is sent to the provider. Where applicable, areas of remediation will be detailed in the report.
- The Skills Provider is required to respond to areas of remediation if necessary, and make the relevant submission.
- Confirm registration with the DHET.
Let us know if you interested in becoming a QCTO Accredited Skills Provider and we will contact you back!